HMD Global seems to be making certain hardware and software changes to the Nokia 6. From the application at FCC, HMD Global has requested for permission to make changes to Nokia 6 variants viz – TA-1025, TA-1021, TA-1033, TA-1039. Some of these changes also relate to quality control and it is possible that some complaints with Nokia 6 are addressed. These reasons could also add to the list of probable reasons why the Nokia 6 is being delayed in many markets.
With HMD still awaiting approval for these changes, the Nokia 6 is unlikely to be in the production line yet, at least for the EU market. Surprisingly, HMD has also requested for a 4GB + 64GB setup in all of the variants. All that means that a seperate product code for the arte-black variant may not exist. HMD has listed these hardware, software and mechanical changes separately within the application.
- Fix RF Card configuration error
- Not load FP driver when the device enter power off charging
- Add 2nd source battery, HE335
- Add 4G RAM / 64G ROM
- Change L6219 & R6210 to NC to improve WiFi mask performance
- Change L6220 to NC
- Change R711, R707, R2207 to Murata Bead board to optimize camera de-sense
- Change FPM to low voltage, add one diode + Low voltage FW to reduce FPM noise
- Speaker Box SUS material change from 304 to 430 to resolve static magnetic issue.
- Change coil material from FH5 to FH7 to improve coil heat resistant.
- Rear cover, Increase the thickness of Rib to improve the Main Cam deviation
- Rear cover, Increase the chamfer to fit the change of battery tape
- Rear cover, Decrease the thickness to increase the gap between Battery and Rear Cover
- Camera Ring, modify the Rib of Camera Ring to avoid the interference
- A Cover, increase the mark of PLE
- Change front camera sponge to conductive sponge, to resolve defense issue
- Power Key: modify the key dimension to improve key feeling
- Rear cover, increase thickness of NFC pad
- Rear cover, increase thickness to resolve the front cam deviation issue
- Rear cover, modify the gap between rear cover & A cover to resolve assembly interference issue
One thing that deserves some praises is that HMD is serious about keeping up the product quality. They are aiming to sort out various issues which they’d have heard from the existing customers of Nokia 6.
HMD has also provided a table showing the difference between all of these 4 variants of Nokia 6. Here’s it:
Source – FCC