Nokia Mobile released the Android Q Beta 5 to the Nokia 8.1. As with all beta software, there can be a number of bugs and hence the software should not be used as a daily driver yet. If you are looking to update your Nokia 8.1 to Android Q, then please note that you might face the following issues.
If you decide to update, do not forget to submit your feedback using the feedback app if you encounter issues outside of these. Nokia Mobile must be willing to duplicate them and address them before the software becomes stable.
Known issues in Build 4_070
- Users may see upon first boot that apps are not being automatically downloaded/updated from backup. A reboot of device will resolve issue
- On rare occasions, after upgrade and with SIM PIN code enabled, device may only present a blank wallpaper – Can be recovered after pressing Power key to suspend/resume
- Unable to play FLAC formatted music via Play music
- Unable to hear sound from phone speaker when FLAC format audio file is chosen as ringtone
- Display may intermittently move up/down when pressing back key when in Settings
- Ringtone may not change to the default ringtone after removing SD card (from where file is stored).
- No fingerprint settings are offered during set up wizard
- Facebook likely to crash upon launch due Facebook APX in Beta 5 is not supported – Issue is resolved installing latest build from Play Store
- Intermittently unable to receive file via Bluetooth
- Bluetooth icon is missing
- Chrome may crash on occasions when adding webpage as bookmark and then selecting menu key
- After deleting all images from Photos, may see photos apk crash
- Intermittent prompt “Photos keeps stopping” after deleting a video.
- Intermittent crash may be seen when switching to slow motion mode with Wi-Fi Display connected.
- User may experience when playing music file, that cannot be paused and the audio cannot be switched to loudspeaker when headset disconnected.
- Intermittent freeze of camera when in preview and when rotating screen
- May see application not responding with repeated switching of camera modes
- If set data storage/save to SD card, a captured picture or recorded video cannot be saved