Digital health and fitness is a key pillar in Nokia’s growth strategy. Nokia today has launched new products to expand its portfolio of digital health products. The new launches include Nokia Body BMI Wi-Fi connected scale, Nokia BPM+ soft-cuff blood pressure monitor, new Nokia Health Mate app with 360-degree view of health.
Apart from that, Nokia has also introduced a brand new website dedicated to the health products. It resides on the health.nokia.com sub-domain. Buyers can purchase the products from this website. The products will also be made available via leading retailers worldwide including Best Buy, Amazon.com and Bed, Bath & Beyond; coming soon to retailers including CVS, Target, Babies”R”Us and Apple.
Nokia had already hinted that it will merge the Withings brand with Nokia. It’s happening now. All the new launches (as well as the existing) feature the Nokia brand name, replacing Withings for good. Definitely a good business choice given that the Nokia brand name is much stronger.
Nokia Body: BMI Wi-Fi connected scale
Dubbed ‘Nokia Body’ the BMI Wi-Fi scale co-exists with other scales from Nokia – the Body+ and Body Cardio. At just $59.95, it is the cheapest Wi-Fi connected scale made by Nokia. The existing Body+ costs $99.95. Nokia Body offers smart weight management for the entire family and provides high accuracy measurements via Position Control technology, a patented body position detector. Here are some of the product features:
- Weight Trend Screen: See progress during each weigh-in to stay motivated.
- BMI Insights: Instant access to BMI trend and data analysis over time to help users reach their goals.
- Automatic Wi-Fi Synchronization: Recognizes up to eight users with independent sync.
- Personalized Coaching: With the Nokia Health Mate app, users can personalize their goals within the app and track activity and food intake.
- Nutrition Tracking: Food tracking with MyFitnessPal.
Nokia BPM+: blood pressure monitoring on the move
Nokia’s BPM+ is a new distant cousin of the Nokia BPM. BPM Plus is priced at $129.95 and offers n easy, more comfortable way to measure blood pressure. The form factor and portability provides for BP monitoring while at home or even on the move.
The BPM+ is FDA-cleared and approved by Medical CE. BPM+ is available at health.nokia.com and Best Buy and will retail for $129.95.
- Immediate color-coded feedback & personalized reminders
- Medical device: complies with international standards and FDA cleared.
- Features a new slim, soft grey cuff, making it even more travel-friendly.
- Save and share data with your doctor
Redesigned Nokia Health Mate App
Nokia has also redesigned the Nokia Health Mate app which blends with Nokia’s digital heath products to provide easy monitoring and analytic. It collects data from each device to provide insights and trends on weight, activity, sleep and blood pressure.
The updated Heath Mate App is available for Android and iOS devices in the respective App Stores.