Nokia Mobile (HMD Global) has officially announced the Nokia X6 in China. The X6 follows the modern smartphone design elements with a “notch” and a full-glass back. It also showcases some “Artificial Intelligence” which is currently trending. The codename of the device seems to be “Dragon“.
Unlike some of the previous launches, this was a high profile launch with proper stage setup and people from media. Even though I watched the event live, there was barely anything to understand due to my inability understand Chinese. Apart from the X6, there are a few more announcements which I’d preferably share in another post.
Nokia X6 Specifications
- Display: 2.5D 5.8-inch FHD+ display – 432PPI with Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 19.9 display aspect ratio | 95% body covered in glass
- Primary camera: 16MP + 5MP dual real camera with HDR and EIS
- Front camera: 16MP front camera for selfies
- Processor: Snapdragon 636 processor
- Storage: 32/64GB storage with 4GB RAM | 64GB storage with 6GB RAM | Expendable to 256GB using MicroSD
- Security: Face recognition, fingerprint scanner
- AI powered camera for enchaining the image by understanding the scene
- Battery: 3060mAh
- Colors: Black, White and Blue
You can read the detailed specifications of Nokia 6 by visiting the official Nokia website. The device also includes features like 3.5mm headphone jack and VoLTE, which we generally expect from all phones.
What’s in the box: The package contains the Nokia X6, 5V/2A charging adapter, Type-C USB cable, Protective case, SIM ejector tool, and the usual manuals with warranty information.
Price of Nokia X6 in China
The different storage and RAM variant target 3 different price points:
The 32GB + 4GB RAM variant starts at RMB 1299. The one with 64GB storage and 4GB RAM costs RMB 1499. The 64GB + 6GB RAM storage variant will retail for RMB 1699.
Nokia X6 will be available in China across various retailers including JD, Suning, and Tmall. Sales start from 21st May 2018.