Nokia Mobile has unveiled their latest smartphone at a launch event held in China. The newest member of the Nokia smartphone family is the Nokia X7. is an upgrade to the Nokia 7 Plus and should be called Nokia 7.1 Plus when it launches in other countries.
Nokia X7 is built on the modern glass-sandwich design we have seen in the recent launches such as the Nokia X6 and Nokia X5. The chassis of the Nokia X7 is built out of aluminum, giving it durability as well as sturdiness. Nokia is using similar accents as we saw on the Nokia 7 Plus. Depending on the base color, there are copper and steel accents on the sides of the Nokia X7.
Nokia X7 features a 6.18-inch full-HD display (with a notch), making upto 86.5% of the front. The display is a bright panel at 500-nits and features the trademarked PureDisplay tech we have seen on the Nokia 7.1. The phone is powered by Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 710 processor.
The highlight of the Nokia X7 are its cameras, along with the Zeiss optics. Nokia Mobile is using a Sony IMX363 sensor on the back. The back camera is a 12MP + 13 MP sensor with a f/1.8 lens and a dual LED flash. The front camera is a 20MP shooter with a f/2.0 aperture.
- Display: 6.18-inch full-HD display with PureDisplay
- Camera (back): 12MP + 13MP f/1.8 with OIS
- Camera (front): 20MP f/2.0
- CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 710
- Storage: 4GB/64GB, 6GB + 664GB, 6GB + 128GB (SD card supported)
- OS: Android Oreo (planned upgrade to Android Pie)
- Battery: 3500mAh (fast charging)
- Others: FM Radio, Dual VoLTE, 3.5mm headphone jack, USB-C connectivity, Bluetooth 5.0, Nokia OZO Spacial audio
- Colors: Blue, Black, White/gray, Reddish gray
Price of Nokia X7
The Nokia X7 will start retailing in China in 3 storage + RAM combinations. The cheapest 6GB RAM + 64GB storage variant starts at 1699 RMB (USD 245). Here are the details:
- 4GB + 64GB: 1699
- 6GB + 64GB: 1999
- 6GB + 128GB: 2499
The official sales will start from 23rd of October. Registrations for the sale will start from the 16th of October (today).